Thursday, December 24, 2009

But I Never Saw the Good Side of the City Until I Hitched a Ride on a Riverboat Queen

As a kid, a lot of presents were given to me that I had no use for. There was this retrospectively awesome book of weird paper airplanes, given to me by my friend Andrew (I think he's an astronaut now or something.) Sadly, most of the designs were too complicated for me by half, and I could never get them to fly. I had useless little hands, really not even good for playing videogames - that's why I mostly played RPGs.

God, I always feel guilty for never using a present given to me in good faith. Like I'm letting the person who gave it down. They lie awake at night, it's 3am, and they're squirming in their bed, tortured by the disappointment that I'm not listening to their CD of ambient Native American spiritual rhythms. Sorry, mom!

No comments: