Thursday, November 05, 2009

An Ape Will Die On Every Page!

I've been playing Torchlight. It's good! But it doesn't really need a review or whatever, because it's Diablo. Really good Diablo. I'm really surprised my computer can run it, actually; the old beast is Frankensteined together from a former techie friend's pile of scraps. Said friend would always give me guff for the flaccidity of my machine, dear Lamiroir, but it suits my needs as someone uninterested in the PC's historic genres. First-persons shooters leave me dry, and real-time strategy games give me a rash. Pre-Torchlight, the last game I played on my PC was Theme Hospital, an apparently forgotten artifact from 1997. That's not a grab for retro-elitist cred - I'm really out of the loop on PC games, so having an old machine reinforces my policy of ignoring most new PC games, and vice-versa.

No comments: