Sunday, October 14, 2007

I have a lot that I want to unload via writing right now, but it's never easy for me to order my thoughts. I'm feeling distraught, and a little big of that vertigo I feel when I consider how big the totality of existence is relative to how small my own experience is. Still, I just experienced a moment: the conviction that I must work on my opus, the unexpressed dream whose beauty drives me forward. My dream is a video game that summarizes everything I love about video games. I lack the literary and programming ability to bring it to fruition right now, but learning in submission to something greater than myself is breathtaking. It lets me understand the essence of art a little more: that which I see unrealized is truly brilliant, and it is me who will fail it if whatever I produce is garbage, not the other way around.

No comments: